Wednesday, March 6, 2013

"It made me feel like "gold""

Success Story:


I was working as a phlebotomist at a hospital lab in the Greater Milwaukee area. I felt as if my skills were not being properly utilized, and I started looking for a position that would better fit me. I wanted to become a dialysis technician, but personally I did not feel confident that I was capable of getting that kind of position.

I started applying for jobs, and I was not getting any interviews. I felt like I wasn’t good enough, I kept getting rejection letters, and I was starting to feel beaten down. At drill weekend I heard about the WERC program, and I decided to give it a shot. I contacted the WERC office, and got myself registered into their program. They took my resume and ESR, and recreated my resume. I absolutely loved it—it made me feel like "gold", and started feeling confident again. I also started receiving job emails and other information regularly from their office.

Through their job emails, I found a few positions that I was interested in and now felt more confident that I had a shot to get an interview at least. And I did start getting interviews for the positions. It was great. One position, that I applied for was with a dialysis center. After I applied there, the WERC office called the dialysis center and advocated for me.

I got hired into that company! I had to turn down other positions that were offered to me at the same time. I start my new position in about a week, and I could not be happier than I am now. Thanks WERC.

PFC Tara Litza
135th Medical Company
WI Army National Guard

No comments:

Post a Comment